Herbal Tea Rinses have been used for centuries. Natural and organic, they have no harmful ingredients and rinse clean without leaving any residue. Here are some examples of herbs you can use in homemade tea rinses for various scalp and hair benefits! They make a great DIY home treatment to go along with our Healing Tea Shampoo and Conditioner!
is packed with Vitamins A, B, and C and has as antiseptic and anti-fungal properties that cleanse, heal and soothe the scalp.
- Helps ease dandruff and stimulates hair follicles to help with hair loss
- Helps with psoriasis, eczema/dermatitis
- Improves blood circulation to the scalp which encourages growth
- Locks in moisture and deliver nutrients.
has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and antiseptic properties that help with hair loss and inflammatory scalp conditions. It’s also good for all hair types.
- Balances natural oil production in the scalp
- Can help boost hair growth and reduce baldness
- Stimulates circulation in the scalp
- Strengthens new hair growth (regenerative properties)
- Can heal irritations and infections on the scalp
- Effective in treating dandruff and dry, flaky scalps
is a mild astringent with toning properties that make an excellent herbal rinse for balancing and refreshing oily hair and scalps.
- Alleviates symptoms of various skin conditions on the scalp
- Used as an herbal remedy for hair loss
- Soothes and relieves inflamed, irritated scalps
- Treats minor scalp irritations
- Strong anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties help soothe the scalp
is one of the most popular scalp and hair tea rinses. It combats frizz and may help hair growth and thickness.
- High in sulphur and silica which helps make the hair look shinier and healthier
- Stimulating the hair follicles, resulting in more (and healthier) growth
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidants to combat free radicals
is anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and astringent making it an ideal herbal remedy for treating scalp conditions which may stunt hair growth.
- Helps counteract hair loss
- Thickens hair
- Effective for treating dandruff, eczema. itchiness, scalp irritation and oily scalp
- Excellent for making natural scalp and hair cleansers
- Natural astringent properties help tighten the scalp pores
is known for its anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, cooling and anti-fungal properties.
Holy Basil (Tulsi)
- Stimulates nerve endings and increases blood flow to the scalp
- Cools, refines and invigorates the scalp
- Has a natural, moisturizing oil in its leaves
- When applied to the scalp, peppermint oil can help to heal chemical, microbial, or environmental damage
- Can stimulate hair growth by boosting circulation and stimulating hair follicles
has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties with multiple vitamins and minerals.
- Helps rejuvenate the hair follicles
- Moisturizes the hair and scalp
- Stimulates blood circulation, which leads to improved hair growth
- Improve the flow of blood, nutrients and oxygen to the scalp
is loaded with high levels of antioxidants. This medicinal herb contains vitamins B and C, as well as magnesium, zinc, and potassium, all of which improve the growth and strength of hair.
- Soothing hair tonic and a natural treatment for scalp dryness
- Sage tea adds shine and depth to dark hair and helps darken graying hair
- Removes residual shampoo and conditioner build-up
- Can heal skin ailments that may stunt hair growth
has anti-bacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It’s widely used for its medicinal uses to prevent hair loss.
- Helps condition both hair and scalp
- Helps thinning hair and balding
- Promotes hair growth by improving blood flow to the scalp
- Helps to prevent hair from going prematurely grey
- Nourishes hair follicles
is an anti-inflammatory, antiviral herb that is soothing to sensitive scalps, and rich in plant minerals that protect the hair from free radicals, and protects the scalp from bacterial growth.
- Conditions the scalp and adds shine to hair
- Can be used to create warm highlights
- Promotes stronger hair growth by increasing collagen production and circulation in hair follicles
- Promotes hair growth
is high in essential vitamins and antioxidants which are essential for protecting the hair and scalp. It’s also full of vitamins and anti-oxidants.
- Moisturizes and gives hair luster
- Soothes scalp inflammation
- Can help with dandruff
- Increases keratin and collagen production in the scalp
- Increases circulation and promote healthy hair growth
- Contains zinc and copper which work together to protect the scalp and hair from sun damage
is rich in vitamins and antioxidants like beta-carotene, vitamin C, folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin A, vitamin K, among others.
- An anti-inflammatory that helps have a healthy scalp and hair growth
- Deep cleans and refreshes the scalp
- Helps the hair follicles by supplying various nutrients which keep the scalp clean and the hair shiny
- Promotes new hair growth and fights hair loss as it contains essential vitamins and proteins which help in hair growth
keeps hair clean without the continuous removal of the hair's natural oils (which can cause dry, split hair) caused by shampooing daily.
- Repairs split ends
- Prevents hair from drying out
- Seals and moisturizes hair
- Adds a natural shine and helps control loose strands
has antimicrobial, antioxidant properties and essential vitamins and minerals.
Legal Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Kavella is not recommending these herbs and do not claim they diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always allergy spot test before trying any new herb internally or topically. Please consult a physician if you have any allergies or if you have questions about hair loss or scalp/skin conditions.
- Fights and prevents bacterial infections on the scalp which causes dandruff and other scalp problems
- The aroma promotes calm and tranquil feelings
- Strengthens the hair follicles.
- Promotes hair growth by increasing the blood circulation to the scalp