Today 421,000 lbs. of salon waste is deposited into landfills daily. That’s 877 pounds per minute. Today, salons cannot recycle hair clippings, over-mixed chemicals, contaminated foils, empty tubes, canisters, mannequin heads and aerosols with local waste management.
If you’re not recycling aerosols, tubes, contaminated foil, over-mixed hair color/lightener and hair clippings in your salon, Green Circle Salons’ program can help the salon reduce its carbon footprint. When you enroll, Green Circle Salons’ unique program helps the business to generate revenue, reduce operational costs and recycle up to 95% of your salon waste. Included with service: collection bins and supplies, marketing kit, staff training and UPS pickups on demand.
Green Circle Salons offers a comprehensive recycling and repurposing program that ensures hair, foils, color tubes, plastics, papers, and excess hair color waste get diverted out of our landfills and waterways.
This program is self-funded by the Environmental Stewardship Fee initiative paid by the guest (ex: $1 or $2) added to the ticket allowing salons to become more profitable. A small portion is returned to GCS and the salon retains the rest. Through this transaction, an average size salon can generate between $5,000 – $10,000 per year!
In the face of an emerging green economy and a consumer demand for green products and services, GCS saves your salon time and money by offering a menu of approved, best in class green product and service suppliers. Salons can continue to reduce their environmental impact, increase operational efficiencies, enhance brand image, demonstrate leadership, and attract new clients.
Green Circle Salons offers an online Green Salon Directory to showcase your salon’s green leadership and help you get found by green-minded consumers in your neighborhood. Additionally, GCS can help your salon leverage local media to get the get the word out that you are now a part of this exciting mission to Make Beauty Beautiful.
1. Purchase a Green Circle Salons Membership Certificate using points through Kavella Rewards. Certificate will be sent via email.
2. Follow the enrollment instructions listed on the certificate, after which A Green Circle Salons team member will explain how everything works and get you registered.
3. You will be sent a link to create your Directory Listing so clients can find your green salon! Directory Listing Includes:
- map to your salon
- link to your website
- links to your social media channels
- your logo + 2 optional images of your salon
- contact information
- the brands you carry
- important information for consumers
4. Green Circle Salons will ship you their welcome kit which includes:
- Green Circle Salons’ Branded Bins to separate and collect your waste
- Table Talkers that inform your clients about our partnership
- Window Decals that classify your salon as a Certified Salon
- Mirror Clings for each of your stylist stations
- Point-of-Purchase Placard thanking your clients for being a part of this movement
5. Green Circle Salons will hold a 30-minute phone or video orientation to educate your staff on our program and inspire them to get their green on!
6. Green Circle Salons immediately begin diversion of your salon waste including hair, foils, color tubes, plastics, papers, and excess hair color waste through our on-demand collection system. This will equate to roughly 85-95% waste diversion! They also collect polystyrene, glass, aerosol cans, compost, batteries, lights, spa waste and salon tools where available.
7. Free and ongoing education, support, and consulting on how to create a sustainable salon, including ongoing discounts from our green product and service suppliers from across the Nation. You will also receive an annual Waste Diversion Certificate identifying the volume of waste your salon diverted.
If you have any questions before redeeming your Kavella Rewards points for a membership or partial membership with Green Circle Salons, you can contact them by visiting https://greencirclesalons.com